Swimming Coaches: Are They Letting You Down?

Swimming Coaches, I Don't Get it

This is non an accusation at Swimming Coaches but a query that is raised inward my heed every bit I stand upwards on the side of the puddle watching.

I run into a lot of swim squads too people preparation for team too I frequently wonder. If a omnibus has a swimmer that has non got proper technique create they fifty-fifty care?

Is it close improving the swimmer or is it close the money?

As a swim instructor it is my project to alternative faults inward peoples basic technique too ready them too to live on fair I tried coaching too didn't similar it. So peradventure I accept a fleck of a bias.

Image of swim instructor helping a kid float Swimming Coaches: Are They Letting You Down?
Is Your Swimming Coach Letting You Down
I also demand to tell that I run into a lot of skillful Swimming Coaches.

Even so, many appear to create zip to ready faults inward their swimmers basic technique. Or is it that they alone attention close their pinnacle competitors?

I accept watched team members doing lap later lap too drill later drill too no-one fifty-fifty attempts to ready glaring faults.

I don't learn it!

I would accept persuasion that the persuasion was to ameliorate technique every bit much every bit endurance. I know all the drills are designed to ameliorate dissimilar aspects of strokes too kicks but if the drill is non fixing it:
  • What is the betoken of all the laps too does the omnibus fifty-fifty notice?
  • Shouldn't the drill live on specific to the swimmer?
  • Shouldn't at that spot live on somebody who is a spotter to alternative these issues too the swimmer separated to pass fourth dimension to brand the correction?
  • Isn't that what parents are paying you lot for?
  • Isn't that what the swimmers are paying you lot for?
I'm lamentable I don't purchase the argument: "I accept ##(x number) swimmers, I can't hand private attention". That is surly your job. If you lot can't create it yourself, shouldn't you lot employ a swim teacher? I've seen others create that.

Forgive me for beingness too therefore blunt but if you lot aren't prepared to seat inward the extra fourth dimension too effort: "Get Out!"

And if you lot position a swimmer that is nearly ready for the side past times side level, Don't but promote them! Make certain they learn the preparation that volition laid them inward skillful stead to create the side past times side level. Unless you lot accept somebody at that side past times side score who's project it is to ready the faults of the previous level; similar swim education does, you lot are but beingness unfair on the other swimmers who are getting held upwards past times the novel arrival.

I realize that because of my cognition of swimming I accept a big wages inward picking these things, all the same I also accept watched parents who convey their kids to preparation too sit down past times the puddle watching. After a fourth dimension such parents must, live on able to run into the divergence inward the children. As a parent I accept too would live on right inward their, Talking to the Swimming Coaches bespeak why things are non changing.

I don't know, peradventure I'm but non privy to around hugger-mugger cognition that way that their volition live on around magical improvement if the swimmers but create to a greater extent than drills too laps but from where I stand upwards at that spot are likewise many Swimming Coaches that are non doing what they are supposed to do.

Enjoy
   Richard